Last updated: June 17, 2022
Fanlete, LLC d/b/a FanWord (“Company,” “We,” or “Our”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website, including any derivative of our website (our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- From third-parties with whom you may be associated (i.e., your institution if you are a student-athlete)
- From third-parties whose links are included on our website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, domicile, e-mail address, telephone number, social media handles, school affiliation(s), sport participation, or other third-party apps through which you may be contacted (“personal information“);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as times and dates you visit the website; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business, university, and conference partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Information that you provide by completing and/or updating your profile. This includes, but is not limited to, information provided about third-party applications, websites, social media sites, and marketplaces that you utilize. Providing this material may be accessible by the general public and is disclosed at the user’s own risk.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, referring or exit webpages, click patterns, which webpages are accessed, the number of visits, average time spent on a webpage, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically does include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Information We Collect From University Partners
Some personal information is provided to us by our university partners with whom you are associated. The information collected is “directory information” as designated by the third-party and as further defined by The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”). If you do not wish for such information to be disclosed, you may notify the university in writing, and in accordance with the university’s procedures, that you do not want any or all of this type of information designated as “directory information.” Upon receipt of such notice, the university will be obligated to keep such information confidential.
We do not control these university notice processes or the steps that must be taken to properly provide notice to the university. If you have any questions about the proper process for providing such notice, you should contact the university directly. If a university has previously provided us with your directory information and you would like for us to delete the information, you may make such a request by sending an email to email@example.com.
Information We Collect From Other Partners
Some personal information is provided to us by other partners with whom you are associated, such as conferences, collectives, or sports agencies (“Third Party Partner”). We only collect information from Third Party Partners that is already publicly available information. Our purpose for obtaining such information from Third Party Partners relates solely to ease of collection. If you do not wish for such information to be disclosed by these Third Party Partners, you must notify the Third Party Partner in writing in accordance with their procedures, that you do not want any or all of this type of information disclosed to third-parties.
We do not control the notice processes for our Third Party Partners or the steps that must be taken to properly provide notice to these Third Party Partners. If you have any questions about the proper process for providing such notice, you should contact the appropriate Third Party Partner directly. If a Third Party Partner has previously provided us with your directory information and you would like for us to delete the information, you may make such a request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide information to third-parties related to assisting you with acquiring NIL opportunities.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To assist us or your institution with identifying direct marketing opportunities on your institution’s web pages.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email us at email@example.com and we will respond appropriately. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected to enable us or your institution to display advertisements to the advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of FanWord’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by FanWord about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To third party business partners, including those with whom you may be affiliated (for example, the institution at which you compete if you are a student-athlete) who have purchased the right to sell advertisement space on our website.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you are a student-athlete and provide us a list of the websites and applications through which you advertise your availability for NIL opportunities, we will include that information in the directory portion of our Website.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of FanWord, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
If you are a student-athlete, we may not disclose your personal information provided to us by your institution until you have affirmatively opted into such disclosures. Prior to you opting in, your information will only be used to invite you to take advantage of our services offered to you in partnership with your institution.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If, after you have opted in, you no longer want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email with your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that has been provided to us. We may not be able to delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including User Contributions, is governed by our terms of service.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see the for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.